To celebrate, I thought I would talk about the top 10 reasons dental care for pets is important to furry children and their parents. Your pet’s oral health is just as important as your own-it can prevent heart damage and other health issues.
This goes-please feels free to share these with your friends so we all understand how important this can be:
- A pet with healthy teeth is a pet with greater breadth. I think everyone understands that’ true-it’s the same for human beings, right?
- Dental disease in animals can result in problems with other organs, like the heart. Baby teeth that don’t drop out can lead to problems, too. Were you aware that adult dogs have 42 teeth and full-grown cats have 30? If a dog’s or cat’s baby teeth don’t come out, it may lead to gum irritation and tartar buildup.
- Periodontal disease can be brought on by plaque buildup. Did you know that 4 out of 5 dogs over age 3 have some sort of gum disease? For this reason, it is very important to remove plaque from your pet’s teeth. Keep reading-we’ll enter “how” in just a little bit.
- Pets that don’t get dental care can lose their teeth painfully.
- Cats and dogs are great at hiding pain-you might now know there is a problem until it’s serious.
- Teeth use out-as they wear down, the tooth root might become vulnerable which can be debilitating.
Dental care for pets can be extremely costly if you get it done in a vet’s office. That might not be so bad for one, but if you’ve got multiple pets, that bill may run up into the thousands. Who can manage these days?
Save yourself some cash and take a look at a few ways to tackle animal dental health in the home:
Offer your dog chewy bones. Chewy bones are created specifically to prevent periodontal disease. That’s when bacteria causes the gums to become inflamed which induces loose teeth.
Chew-bone toys also help get rid of plaque and promote decent breath.
Locate a toothbrush that will fit your pet’s mouth-they are created for both dogs and cats. Try to locate a toothpaste that has a wonderful taste, like vanilla, and search for the ingredient “chlorohexidine”, which helps fight gum disease and germs.
If this sounds difficult to you, here are a few videos that show how to do it…
You will find products you can enhance your pet’s water to kill germs that cause bad breath. It also protects your pet’s teeth.
There are also treats available for cats and dogs who wash their teeth and freshen their breath by utilizing chlorophyll.
What Have We Learned?
It is safe to say the motives for having dental care for pets are the same reasons we’ve got it for human beings. Fantastic breath and preventing harm to other organs are important for everybody.
If you want to take your pets to the vet for their dental care but can not afford it, you might check pet insurance to see whether a dental plan is offered (again, just like ours!).
I’d love to hear any thoughts you have to keep your pet’s teeth clean. Perhaps you have done something that wasn’t covered here. Just leave them in the comments below and we can all share them. Click this link to learn more.
Pet Dental Care & Cleaning
At Animal Hospital of North Asheville, our veterinarians offer high-quality dental care for your cats and dogs, such as teeth whitening, dental check-ups, emergency vet, and dental operations in Asheville.
You could be amazed to learn that periodontal disease is the most common disorder for pets. Just like humans, they can also suffer from cavities, orthodontic problems, and cracked teeth.
Our veterinary staff offers complete veterinary pet dental care, such as dental surgeries, dental x-rays, polishing and cleaning your pet’s teeth, and also teaching you on house dental care choices. More information about dentistry dental surgery right here.